This week’s Freebie Friday feature is for Social Media. In looking into the history of social media, I have learned that “Six Degrees” is considered the first social media site similar to how we see them today. Created in 1997, “Six Degrees” included lists of friends and family. Social media is defined by websites and applications that enable users to share and create content.
Another huge event for social media occurred in 2003 with the introduction to one of the first multi-faceted social media types called Myspace, allowing you to chat and make friends across the web. The last major social media of that era was “Facebook” which some people believe it is myspace 2.0, but was only available for students at Harvard University.
Today there is so many different outlets for social media and it has come a long way from years ago. Many of us cannot imagine what it was like without Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitter and Tumblr just to name a few.
With this week’s feature you can add some social media to your planners for fun, humor, and/or for reminders.
The freebie stickers will fit most planners but are the standard size of Classic Happy Planner at 1.5” x 2.5”.
To download the Freebie Friday Planner stickers. Please click here.
Instructions for printing out your freebie sticker:
- Make sure that you have a PDF reader. You can download the Adobe Reader free from here.
- When you are ready to print, open the file with your PDF reader.
- To print select Letter Size (8.5 x 11) and make sure to select “without a border” and “Actual Size” otherwise your stickers will not be printed in their correct size.
- NOTE: Happy Planner stickers will fit Mini planners if they are reduced in size 59-60% before printing.
- You will want to print the stickers out on a 8.5 x 11 full size sticker paper. I use Avery Sticker Project Paper. If you like you can print these out on a regular card stock paper and use double sided tape to attach to your planner.
- Cut the stickers out with a straight edge cutter or a pair of scissors.
- Print as many as you need.
- Colors may vary depending on your screen resolution.
All freebies are for personal use only and are not to be resold.
Please feel free to tag me in your posts when you share with your friends on social media with #mylifeplanners.
Have a wonderful week and Thanksgiving.