It started out innocently and before I knew it I was hooked and could not get enough. I had no idea I could be converted so easily. Hi, my name is Sky and I’m a planner addict. Becoming a planner addict was very subtle and I never saw it coming.
Five signs of a planner addict:
- More than one planner. I had a desire to own a Happiness Planner. I searched high and low to find one that was within my budget considering the new ones can cost anywhere from $30 to $70 depending on which one you get. It can get very costly, especially when you add shipping to the total. I was lucky enough to find one on eBay and paid $20.00 with shipping. When my Happiness Planner arrived, I couldn’t wait to get started. What I found was it was harder than it looked and required a lot of self-reflection and it felt like work. The actual days in the Happiness Planner were not laid out the way I wanted them. A week later, I was in Michaels and I stumbled across the Happy Planner. I had heard of these planners before but never actually saw one. After looking through the planner and seeing the price I decided to make the plunge. Now I have two planners.
- Coupons. I look for coupons to feed my addiction. When I purchased my Happy Planner I was able to use a Michael’s coupon to purchase it, therefore, making the planner cheaper and I was able to justify the purchase. You can really find some great deals with coupons. Before I knew it, whenever I had a coupon to one of the craft stores it was like a license to shop to get more accessories and supplies.
- The write color. I had to have a pen in every color. Colored pens are fun and allow you to color code your planner and make it bright. When I say pens, it could be regular pens or highlighters. Either way you have a rainbow of colors in your writing utensils.
- Stickers! Stickers! Stickers! It’s like I went back in time to my younger self and I got excited about all the different stickers. I had to have the stickers to decorate and be creative in my planner to make it pretty. Then I had to have functional stickers to keep track of water intake or steps or anything else I could think of. The pro to the functional stickers is I actually am getting my water in daily. Yay, go me.
- Washi Tap. In addition to the stickers to help decorate my beloved planner I had to purchase washi tape. One roll of washi tape was not going to cut it, oh no, I had to have more and more. Before I knew it, I was buying tape every time I went to the craft store, whether I needed it or not.
If you can relate and see yourself in any of these signs then you have become a planner addict. Welcome to the club and happy planning.